- A House Democrat who opposes impeachment is expected to switch political parties
- Former Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin’s 428 pardons are upsetting both Democrats and Republicans
- Health Canada says it hasn't tested health effects of cannabis vaping but will release new products anyway
- Road to the Olympic Games: World Cup luge in Whistler
- Omar al-Bashir, deposed president of Sudan, has been sentenced to 2 years in a reform facility
A NASA spacecraft in orbit around the Moon spotted the crash site of India’s ill-fated lunar lander, Vikram, which slammed into the Moon’s surface during a landing attempt in September. Images taken by the spacecraft confirm that the lander met an explosive end, revealing the lander’s impact site and the surrounding debris created by the accident.
Part of India’s Chandrayaan-2 mission to the Moon, Vikram was supposed to be the first Indian spacecraft to touch down gently on the lunar surface. India had put a vehicle on the Moon before, but that spacecraft purposefully slammed into the ground, kicking up lunar dirt and allowing researchers to learn more about the kinds of materials lurking on the Moon. With Vikram, India hoped to put a…
Powered by WPeMatico