- The right keeps attacking Greta Thunberg’s identity, not her ideas
- Science ranks grow thin in Trump administration
- Wuhan coronavirus outbreak: News and updates
- It’s Steven Mnuchin who should listen to economists on climate change
- Joker is the most-nominated film at this year’s Oscars. It shouldn’t win Best Picture.
Police tape cordons off an area. | Larry W. Smith/Getty Images
At least two people were killed. At least 20 people were wounded.
Midland police have said the shooting began at a Home Depot; officers pursued the suspects after they fled the scene in two separate vehicles.
What we know
- At least 20 people were wounded in a shooting in Texas Saturday afternoon.
- At least two people were killed.
- Midland, Texas police believe there are two suspects.
- The suspects fled the scene of the initial shooting in two vehicles: one suspect is believed to have comandeered a US postal vehicle; the other fled in a Toyota truck.
- As police pursued the suspects (who fled in opposite directions), one state trooper was shot on the interstate.
- Bystanders are believed to have also been wounded during the pursuit.
- Police have taken one suspect into custody.
What we don’t know
- The identity of the suspects
- The motivation for the shooting
- The total number of wounded
- The total number of people killed
Powered by WPeMatico