- Father of B.C. homicide suspect seeks access to video of son's 'last will and testament'
- Disney teases Star Wars, Frozen 2 and more at annual expo
- 'It's sentimental': Titanic slowly disintegrates into ocean floor
- After international criticism, Bolsonaro deploys military to fight Amazon fires
- Alysha Newman raises Canadian pole vault mark to 4.82m in 1st Diamond League win
Photo by Erik McGregor/Pacific Press/LightRocket via Getty Images
Pressure is mounting against Amazon’s continued involvement with US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), with Whole Foods employees now demanding the company cease ties with the agency through its business dealings with the controversial government contractor Palantir. The demands, posted in a public letter earlier today by the Whole Foods unionization group Whole Worker, direct harsh words at the parent company of the grocery chain, which Amazon purchased for $13.7 billion in 2013.
In particular, the letter calls Amazon’s rule “dystopian,” and Whole Foods employees say they will continue to combat the company by leaking information and attempting to undermine policies and business dealings that lead to the deportation of…
Powered by WPeMatico